-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Halloween Countdown!

This is the piece I entered into the AZ state fair this year. It is Mirabilia's "Trick or Treat Fairy". I started this one last Halloween but didn't finish it in time. The pattern is out of a magazine (Just Cross Stitch & Needlework I think), and I couldn't find it anywhere. I wound up writing the magazine to see if I could purchase an old copy of the issue from them, and they said they didn't have any copies of this particular issue but they could do a reprint of the pattern for $3 bucks. Needless to say I was very happy with my purchase. I am always a little worried when I send stuff off to the fair that I may never see it again. They have so many craft entries what if it gets lost in the shuffle, or walks right out of the exhibitor hall during the fair? Last year went fine though, and it is so much fun to go and see my stitching hanging up on display when we go to the fair each fall. Thank you to everyone who left such kind comments about Indigo. I'm sure every dog owner knows how it feels to wish your beloved dog would live forever. 25 more days to Halloween! And I haven't even started putting together our costumes yet. Next week I have some time off and will hopefully get some kind of costumes together. I want us to go as Alice in Wonderland, with my oldest daughter who is the perfect age and blonde being Alice and my youngest as either Cheshire Cat or the white rabbit. I am thinking I may go as the Red Queen if I can find a dress. Do you still dress up for Halloween?

8 comments:

gracie said...

Love the witch...I love Alice in Wonderland...and you and the girls will look great dressed for it!

Barb said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I'm just getting caught up since the trip. So I just read your past blog post. I come from a family of dog lovers and your news is so sad.

Lesleyanne said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. It is never easy to lose a pet. Your halloween fairy is gorgeous.

Janet P said...

Just love the witch, really eye catching. Should win first prize with merit!! Fingers crossed.

Ranae said...

I love your fairy in that round frame
So sorry to hear of your loss, I'm way behind in blog reading
I love dressing up for Halloween, but sorry I don't do it every single year, wish I did though
Take care

Unknown said...

I love this Fairy. Can't wait to see pictures of your kids

Mouse said...

just catching up and ((HUGS))) re your furbaby .. know exactly what you were going through ....
gorgeous stitching and when will you know if you have won anything ???
and we dress up and I am going as the red queen this year hopefully ... need to sew some hearts on it yet .. lol love mouse xxxxx

Anne said...

She's gorgeous! I looove that frame that you got for her. She's adorable!