-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween countdown!

EEEKKK Halloween is tomorrow! Are you ready? Costume set, candy in the bowl? I just have to go get candy tomorrow morning and I will be ready! I have most of my Halloween pieces out and on display (I think I still have 10 or so finished ones that I never made into anything this year). This one I have honestly forgotten who the designer was, I stitched it such a while ago.
This is what we spent our evening doing. Carving pumpkins. I am actually a little allergic to the guts of the pumpkin so I have to wear gloves to clean out my pumpkin. Weird allergy I know. Pumpkins and lemons are the only two things that get to me, so I guess I can say I am lucky!
And this is what we spent the last part of the evening, finishing up my oldest daughter's costume. I am excited to show you tomorrow the finished result! I missed blogging yesterday due to a doggy emergency. I volunteer with a local rescue group and they needed a foster home for 5 border collies that had been found at an abandoned home. We went and got them and about 8 puppies out of just a dirt pit. So I spent the day driving dogs to vets and giving lots of dog baths. Unfortunately one of them has an injury to her leg that is so bad the vet said they may have to amputate! We go for x-rays tomorrow, so if everyone could send prayers and good thoughts for a sweet little dog named Mary, I am hoping for some miracle that she can keep her leg and heal!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Bless you for taking care of those poor dogs! I wish you and your lovely family a very happy Halloween!!!!

SewAmy said...

Happy Halloween to you. I can't wait to see the costumes. You are wonderful to help the dogs. I am a dog person and they are a huge place in my heart.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing you do - the doggie rescue, my dog is a rescue, and I know how important that is -- Prayers for the little injured one. Love your blog

Tammy said...

You're an angel to those poor dogs. I'm always amazed at the cruelty, as well as the kindness of humans towards animals. Thank you for doing that!