-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween countdown!

This was yesterday's finishing project. I actually completed the cross stitch 2 years ago, it was a really cool chart I purchased off of Etsy. I knew I wanted to do a special mat for it, day of the dead inspired. It took me about 3 hours yesterday to hand cut this. You can't see it in the picture but the paper is a black glittery card stock. Then I glued the thinner velum red paper behind it so you couldn't see the cross stitch fabric. It's hard to read in the picture, but the lettering says "here I lie, as soon shall you." My hand was so cramped from holding the exacto knife for that long  it felt like I had arthritis.
It was really hard to get a good picture where you could see the details, so please ignore my dead lawn behind it. I was just happy to be able to take the picture outside in daylight.  Since it doesn't snow here we have to plant different winter grass to keep the lawn green, and there just hasn't been time yet.



8 comments:

Barb said...

What an amazing project!

Unknown said...

You are so clever. No Joke, It looks so Halloweeny.

Thanks for sharing a Fact about your Lawn, I didn't know that, I so love to learn new things.

Minnie said...

That finish is truly amazing. Did you design the mat yourself? You did a fantastic job. I have been loving your daily post.

CalamityJr said...

Just one word - WOW!

Linda said...

Wow!! You did an awesome job. It looks great.

Linda

Mouse said...

gosh that is sooo good ... hope you hand has recovered now ... love mouse xxxx

SewAmy said...

wow, that is a lot of work and it looking amazing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The mount looks so cool and well worth the time and effort taken.

Great finish.