-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween countdown!

19 more days until Halloween,  and I still don't have all my decorations out. I'm gonna be lucky if i'm not rushing around on the 30th still trying to finish my decorating.

I'm not sure if this counts as a Halloween piece (it has a pumpkin!) or just more of a Fall piece. This was one of my crazy january challenge starts this year. The designer is Dianne Arthurs and the name of the design is "Give Thanks". In general I don't like back-stitching, but on her designs it always makes it look so much nicer. This was surprisingly a quick and enjoyable stitch.


5 comments:

Barb said...

That is a lovely finish. In my opinion, it counts after all it has a pumpkin!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. I think it counts it has a pumpkin in it.

CalamityJr said...

Sorry to be the only naysayer, but I think it's fall and Thanksgiving. Or all year - I'd leave it up in my dining room permanently!

Catherine said...

Beautiful piece!

Mindi said...

Pfft, for me I consider Halloween to be just one day of autumn, so your stitched piece is definitely appropriate. Its absolutely gorgeous! I've never seen the design before and will have to look it up. Autumn is my favorite season, but for some reason I have very few seasonal stitched pieces for it, instead I seem to stitch Christmas stuff.