-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Countdown!

This little witch is out of an older cross stitch booklet called "Trick or Treat". I got the booklet for a quarter at our annual book sale held at the fairgrounds each February. It was the best quarter I have ever spent! So far I have stitched six little designs out of it, and they are all super cute. I finished it with simple Jo-Ann's fabric (I liked the purple spiders). I wanted to ask my fellow dog lovers out there an odd question, mainly because my boyfriend (who normally is pretty good at ignoring my eccentricities)made fun of me for it. When your dog gets spooked does it make you spooked ever? I run in the evenings with my German shepherd mix dog, and the other evening she was just spooked. She was running with her tail between her legs and looking every direction at once and then she started jumping up on me which she never does with a look of "i'm scared!". Well I kind of knew what had spooked her(there were fireworks at the high school homecoming the night before), but she kept looking behind us so much that I started looking behind us and eventually got spooked myself and turned around and went home. We had only ran for about 10 minutes so of course boyfriend was surprised to see us home. When he asked why I told him, and he thought it was funny I got spooked by a dog. But honestly I count on her for protection and if she is scared then I don't want to be out there. Well that, and I have been watching too much Walking Dead at home!

7 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Cute design! I'd trust your dog's instincts with or without fireworks. They seem to sense a lot of things, and he may have saved you from something bad. Ignore the laughter and stay safe!

Barb said...

A cute little stitch. I like the fabric also. As far as your feelings and your dog, I would definitely would go with them!! Why take the chance?

Terri said...

I have been spooked by my dogs before, too! And I trust their instincts, so you were right to trust your dog.

Cute finish!

Janet P said...

Always trust a dog at times like that. How many Hallowe'en designs have you done?

aznative77 said...

Awww, I'm sorry Sweetie. I was laughing at the situation, but would trust Daisy's instincts too. You forgot to mention the part where I said I'm glad you came home and that you came home safely.

Unknown said...

I know I am the most important person in my dogs life and YES when she is spooked - I am spooked, indoors or out. She is so easy going and not a barker so when she reacts... I'm a mess. I would have returned home in a minute....

Love your little witch, and the finishing is awesome

Linda said...

Love the little witch. Great finish. We have 2 miniature schnauzers (35 lbs ea). They are afraid of their own shadows and the cats. lol

Linda