-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween countdown!

I was so excited to read everyone's comments on my last post! Thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to read about my little stitching habit. I love having such a great source of inspiration in my fellow stitchers.
This is a Bent Creek piece, I want to say it's called "Autumn Sampler", but don't quote me on that because some little bird nibbled off the top half of my chart. Luckily it was after I finished stitching it. The little pumpkin is done in WDW "Nutmeg" which at first I thought was too brown but I ended up liking it. I also like how variegated the rows between the letters are. Another Goodwill frame also, purchased for 2 dollars with an original price tag of $20 on it still. I can't help it, I love the thrill of a good deal! Besides I could never support my habit if I bought all new frames.


7 comments:

Barb said...

That frame is just perfect and the Autumn Sampler very pretty! I never find things like that at our Good Will.Lucky you!

Lesleyanne said...

The frame is perfect for the lovely design. Who can resist a bargain.

Annie said...

It looks great...the frame is perfect! I never thought about looking in Goodwill or any thrift store for frames. Genius!

CalamityJr said...

Pretty! Great find on the frame!

Denise said...

Your frame looks awesome! i do the same thing but I go to rummage sales during the summer and find frames, either with or without pictures in them.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Unknown said...

This is another great piece, I HAVE to start going to those goodwill places love the frame

Shirlee said...

I stitched this design, had no luck finding a frame around here & ended up ordering a specially made one from California for $17.95! You were lucky to find the one you did : ) It is a cute stitching design!