-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Halloween Countdown

This little bat is a Lizzie Kate I made 4 years ago. No my kids didn't help me make the bat, this was all my own craftiness (though yes it does look like it was put together by a five year old...its part of the *ahem* "charm") It is sparkly felt and pipe cleaners. Each year I take it out and say I am going to re-do it into some kind of a more polished finish, but I never do. And my art-project has kind of grown on me.
On a sadder note, it has been a tough week for me. We had to have our thirteen year old black lab Indigo, put to sleep. He has been with our family since he was a puppy. I adopted him from the county shelter when I lived in Kentucky, and he moved with me in the back of a tiny Dodge Neon all the way to Arizona. I try and remind myself what a great life he had, and that he had a family that loved him and spoiled him his whole life. My nine year old wanted to go with us to the vet, and we were all crying and he was licking the tears from her face at which point sniffling turned to outright sobbing. The vet must have hated his job that day. We buried him in the backyard under a new orange tree and planted a new flower bed over his grave. I think of how many dogs every year are at shelters, and wish all of them could be as loved as our dogs are. Anyways it has just been a sad week on that front. I am glad he is at peace now.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you. I will think of you and your family often in the upcoming days, sending prayers and strength.

Your bat is wonderful - please never change it.

gracie said...

Dear Linda, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is always hard to do. He is now running healthy Over Rainbow Bridge and I know that my Sherlock will be there to greet him.
Our sweet Ms Zoe is getting toward that road. Hugs to you all.

aznative77 said...

That's a good picture of Old Dog. I miss him too. I love you Sweetie.

SewAmy said...

OMG, I am reading your post and can't believe that you are going through the same thing I am. We had to put our 14 year old pug to sleep yesterday evening. I've been crying ever since. Dogs are such a part of the family. I send big hugs to you, I DO know what you are going through.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Love the bat!

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss. That's so difficult.

Your bat is wonderful.

Cathy

Janet P said...

Just reading about Indigo has brought a lump to my throat. I am so so sorry for you all, it truly is heart breaking. x

Catherine said...

So sorry to read of your family's loss. Sending warm hugs and prayers your way.

Anne said...

So sorry to hear about your loss of a great friend and member of the family. Big hugs to you and your family.