-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Monday, January 30, 2012

First Finish of 2012!



YAY ME! YAY ME! YAY ME! Little Happy Dance! Woo-hooo!!!
Ok let me settle myself. This is my first finish from all the projects I started for the 2012 Crazy January Challenge. I like Lizzie Kate's they are cute and small and bright. I found the cute easter fabric at Jo-Anne's, I want to make this into a little ornie/pillow. I also want to find a cute little bunny button for the lower corner of the alphabet. I thought the chick/easter egg buttons would do, but when I got them home they were way bigger than I thought, and I really want a bunny to go along with my carrot. Sigh, so still searching for my bunny button to finish this. And I will just have to find another Easter piece to start on, because the little chick buttons are too cute to stay in my button jar for long.

And I wanted to take another (better) picture of my Bent Creek "Home" piece, so that everyone could see the lovely shading in my letters. I so love the color (Weeks-Moss) I picked out for this. And for once I actually snuck outside in the daylight to take a quality picture. Yay me again! I have worked on my other 15 pieces for the January challange, but nothing to exciting so I will save those for another post.


9 comments:

aznative77 said...

Good job Sweetie! I'm glad you got to go outside, even if it was just to take the picture. :~)

Shelleen said...

Congrats on the cute finish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay for the Happy Dance!
Also, check your spam folder for an email from me please...

If you haven't got one there then let me know xxx

gracie said...

Love the L&K piece and the Home color is great.

Heidi said...

Beutiful projects! Congrats on your firts finish!

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. The fabric is perfect. Great progress on Home. The shading is lovely.

Mouse said...

wooo hooo well done on the happy dance and love your progress on home well worth waiting for better daylight :)love mouse xxxx

Hely said...

Well done! :)

The same pattern was also my first finished piece this year. I haven't found a button to go with the carrot either, then again I haven't really been looking either. Good luck finding the bunny-button :)

Gems said...

*happy dance for you* the Easter L.K looks great stitched up, I love all her designs but never have managed to get around to stitching any of the designs - I love the Home chart aswell, will be great to see it finished up (no pressure ;)!)

Hope you have a really great weekend

Gem xx