-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2, project 2


And this is Day 2 of the Crazy January Challenge. It's "Thine is the Trick and the Treat" by Prairie Moon designs. I have never stitched one of their designs before, but I saw this last Halloween at the Spinster Stitcher's blog, and loved it. I also love her blog, she is so funny (and her little dog Stewey too). Anyway I figure this will be nice to have in a rotation since I tend to get bored just doing on color, and this is a whole lot of DMC 310.

I hand dyed the evenweave for it last night, and managed to splash a bit on my shirt. So later that evening as i'm changing into my jammies, I am looking at my belly and wondering how I got that huge purple bruise. It took me a few seconds before I realized I had also managed to hand dye myself in the process. I like the color the linen turned out, it's not as blue as the picture makes it look.

5 comments:

gracie said...

You just know this is going to be pretty when finished!

Mouse said...

ohhhh love it ... and hope the bruise has come off now :) love mouse xxx

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start. Love the colour of the fabric. Hope you managed to get rid of your bruise.

Heidi said...

Oh, I love this! Beautiful, as your other projects!

Shelleen said...

Very pretty and I also love to read Spinster Stitcher's blog. She is so funny.