-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Friday, November 25, 2016

A teeny tiny Holiday hangover.....


After
Waking up this morning with a headache, and just sore from yesterday. Honestly I didn't even have that much wine with our Thanksgiving feast (2 glasses of Moscato, my favorite wine- kind of a light sweet white wine).  But it was such a busy day, rushing around to get everything cooked and set up, that I didn't eat much the rest of the day and didn't drink any water (just a cup of coffee in the morning) so today I am feeling drained. My two girls are looking forward to going out and doing some Black Friday shopping, and i'm hoping this headache clears before they get out of bed. 

We otherwise had a lovely Thanksgiving. We celebrated my mom's 80th birthday as well as Thanksgiving, so lots of extended family, cousins, aunts, and uncles were there. Luckily my brother hosted the whole thing, so while it was nice not having to clean and decorate our own house, it was kind of a pain hauling food back and forth to his house. But I am thankful for a day spent with my family, that my family has a roof over their heads, food on their table, and everyone is healthy and hopefully happy to be together. How was your holiday if you celebrated yesterday?

I have managed some progress on Blessings Sampler. I do like these charts for the simple DMC threads they use, and the charts themselves are pretty basic and easy to read. Now I just  have some filling in stitching to do on the leaves and basket, so maybe just maybe this will continue to be worked on in the coming week. 

This lovely ornament also arrived in the mail from Rosa all the way from Canada. Where I imagine there is snow on the ground already. The high here yesterday was 75, so we had dinner outside by candlelight, and it was just chilly enough to feel like Fall still. Anyway, this ornament was part of the Hooked on Exchanging Christmas exchange that Rosa herself suggested we do. I am so happy she prompted me to do another exchange. We had exchanged ornaments last year through the HOE blog, and she does gorgeous work. 

7 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope you are recovering from your Thanksgiving headache. The holidays require a lot of work

KimM said...

What a lovely ornament - and sounds like a great day. Take care of yourself.
xxx

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Your stitching looks great :)

Your weather sounds like ours. It should be colder here by now, but our temps keep yo-yoing.

Melinda Forbes said...

I really enjoy Moscato too. It does sound like you had a nice holiday, and to celebrate your Moms 80th must have been wonderful too.

Do hope you found lots of deals if you did get out to do some Black Friday shopping.

Brigitte said...

Great to read that you had a nice Thanksgiving Day with your family. But nor good that you woke up the next day with that headache. I hope it went away soon.
A wonderful ornament that you received from Rosa.

Julie said...

Lovely ornament from Rosa

Heather said...

I had a problem with that the day before Thanksgiving. We had box seats at the Warriors game the night before lol. Great progress I hope you recovered quickly!