-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Mini-vacation











Kind of a busy week, but fun. We went to Arcosanti, which is kind of a commune (they call it an urban living experiment) here in AZ.
Mr. Stitcher is interested in it because he is all for converting our house to being totally green/environmentally friendly. So it was interesting seeing how they grew their own food and lived on only solar power with no cars. We stayed there overnight on Tuesday, the picture is the main building where they make the wind chimes/bells that they sell to tourists. We on the other hand slept down the hill in a cement bunker which I was just grateful had indoor plumbing. It was definitely an experience, and I think next time I get to pick the destination for our date day!
I got my second strip sewn for pink pinwheels, I am going to wait to sew all the strips together though until I have them all done so I can arrange them better. I laid out the inner border stripey strips with it also just to see what it would look like.

I also started the next little section of Autumn cross stitch. I know it doesn't look like much now, but I wanted to get a pic before the weekend because the weekend is when I do most of my cross stitching. So I am hoping to have the blue diamond totally done before Monday. What I have not gotten done is finishing my two Halloween ornaments or my exchange piece (I only have four more tiny flowers to sew on it I just haven't picked it up!)


I hope everyone has a great weekend. It is finally starting to feel like fall here. We can actually leave the windows open in the mornings when it stays in the low 80's, of course by the afternoon it is still in the upper 90's. I love though that its finally getting nice enough to go outside.

1 comment:

Sharlotte said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of pieces for one strip!