-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Monday, May 1, 2017

Rats, Cats and Ravens


I took a mini-break last week from Ashley's Roses, and pulled this one from the bottom of my stitching basket. I enjoy the simplicity of just stitching one color sometimes, kind of a palate cleanser. This one is many, many years old, i've been working on it about 5 years I would guess. So this round I managed to finish the cat, the raven and the little rat at the bottom. Please excuse my ankles in the above photo, I tried to crop it but for some reason it wouldn't save that way, but at least I shaved my legs today (it's shorts weather already here).


And I am back to working on Ashley's Roses. I did more of the roses above her, more of the grass below her, and a little bit of her skirt. 

Sweet Spring is also coming along. I finished the row of vegetables under the bunny. 

My oldest turned 14 last week, and her cousin turned 8. She loves Batman, so I did my best with the cake. I used food coloring to make the chocolate frosting black, but didn't realize it would also turn everyone's teeth black also!

What i'm reading this week: Mary Kay Andrews "Summer Rental", another fun read from her. I have been on a streak reading her books. I also finished "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. I read it in one night, it was a short book but the story was interesting. They are coming out with a television series based on it shortly, starring Elizabeth Moss. 

What i'm watching this week: "Into the Forest" starring Ellen Page (Inception/Juno) and Evan Rachel Wood. It's an end of the world story, about two sister trying to survive alone in the woods once the power goes out. No zombies or anything, so the film wasn't overly scary. But they made such bad decisions trying to survive that the story was disturbing. 

6 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday wishes to your young people, what a great cake.
Lovely quaker design you've pulled out again. Nice progress on Ashley's Roses too.

Christina said...

Oh my, 14 years old? Happy Birthday to your eldest daughter!

I love your Rats, Cats and Ravens. 5 years isn't *that* long to have a WIP, right?! Lol. I'm pretty sure I have a few that are a lot older!

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday , to your daughter.
What beautiful WIPs they are all looking beautiful .
Have a fun week.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, I love the Halloween sampler! Stitch more!
Ashley's Rose looks beautiful so far.
Busy month for birthdays, great cake!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love Trick and the Treat. The chart is pretty valuable now! Mine is in my pension fund file LOL
Great cake too, shame about the teeth!

Melinda Forbes said...

I must read Handmaids Tale the previews for the TV show look so interesting I plan on reading it as soon as I finish the book I am reading now.

Love the Batman Cake. He is one of my favorites, I think because he has sort of a dark side too

I agree, sometimes it is just so nice to stitch one color. Looks great