-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Life is too short to stitch things you don't love!

I restarted Satsuma Street "Sweet Spring", I was stitching it on a 30 ct WDW linen, that was the most gorgeous color but my stitches were looking like a hot mess on it! I was not enjoying it at all, even though I love how cute the little bunny is. So I went out and got myself some tried and true 28 ct Lugana evenweave, dyed it myself (it came out much brighter than the called for linen-but I still like it) and am now happily starting over. Especially for a smaller piece like this, where no one in my house will even care what I stitched it on, why would I make myself miserable trying to finish it on the linen. 

Still working on Ashley. I filled in more of the grass last week, and a little more of the roses above her. 
And a little bit of a new start, that is almost done already. I wanted something bright, and was avoiding Sweet Spring while I figured out what to do with it. So I pulled this out of my stash of charts. Lizzie Kate is always my go to for cute and bright. I of course changed most of the colors on it to use whatever I had already. I love the color of the little starfish. I used Purple Iris by Crescent Colors. 

Other than lots of stitching I had a pretty dull week. I worked a lot last week, and my mom had hip surgery. It felt like I spent the whole week going between the hospital and my office. I am looking forward to a slower week ahead! My mom seems to be settling in to the rehab facility, and is already walking again using a walker. I know she is eager to be home again. She is 80 this year, but has always been very independent. I think having nurses checking on her all the time is getting on her nerves. 


9 comments:

Cricket-bug Corner said...

The stitches look great! Both the colors on your first one are pretty and you are right - stitch what you love!!

Justine said...

I love the fabric you dyed! It's so pretty and perfect for this colourful design. Hope your mum gets home soon.

Melinda Forbes said...

I completely understand about that 30 count fabric. I think I stitch too tight or something - I love your new choice and the blue looks great. You are so right - This year I have actually removed some of my WIPS or UFOs into These will never be finished pile

Keeping your mom and you in my thoughts

butterfly said...

Love your new fabric, so pretty your rose lady looks so beautiful .
Your mother sounds like me I hate a fuss.
So happy she is getting better .

Julie said...

Wishing you mum a good recovery from her surgery.
Great dyed fabric, it looks wonderful with the colourful design.

Rachel said...

Lol your mom is probably grumbling about the nurses as I type. I hope she breezes through therapy, etc. so she can be free of the nurses :)

I love your stitching! The new color for the Satsuma Street design is gorgeous! A very 'spring' color :)

Have a great rest of the week!!

diamondc said...

Oh my gosh: My Mother had to do rehab and hated the staff bothering her all the time, now she says she misses the one on one help she got she is at home now, three weeks worth of the rehab center was good for her, I hope your Mother heals quickly.
I like the dye job you did the fabric is lovely.
Ashley is beautiful.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the colour of the new fabric and you're right, you should stitch on what makes you happy.
Hope your Mum is feeling better and is regaining her independence.

Brigitte said...

I totally agree, Stephanie. We should only stitch what we love and on fabric we love stitching on. Nice progress and new start.
All the best to your mom for a speedy recovery.