-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

How is this taking so long!!!

Uggh this has taken me all week just to get this far. I like the design, but in my head I was thinking small=quick. So far this one has been dragging a bit. It is Cricket Collection, the chart is from 1997 (I graduated high school that year!). I like the folksy look of the little acorn.
These are my two fall exchanges for the Seasonal Exchange. I stitched the little squirrel and finished it as a flat ornament. The pumpkin pillow was stitched for me by Laura. I love the gold beaded trim she used. It is a Bent Creek design, I know because I have wanted to stitch this one for myself for a while now. .

10 comments:

gracie said...

You know, some of these "small" projects are anything but! Very nice exchange...

Linda said...

Great finish on the PS squirrel. I just worked on that one last night. Did you change the colors in the leaves? I used the called for one on the outside, but the inside colors seemed to blend in so I changed them. Your leaves look great.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

Your autumn designs are great!

Unknown said...

Love your Autumn Designs, So very true, often times what you think may be Quick and Easy turn into something very different.

Barb said...

Your Autumn designs are great. I think it can be difficult to predict what is a fast stitch!! They often take me longer than expected!(Maybe I'm just slow!)

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely exchanges. Small projects always seem to take longer than we think.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

very pretty designs - love the squirrel : )

blue star stitcher said...

On the PS squirrel I noticed the colors were much different (darker) than they looked on the chart. I think if I stitched it again I might choose my own colors. I did like how it looks finished though.

albirginia said...

Qué bonito cojín,la dulce Laura pone todo su amor en ese colorido otoño...

Trace mobile number said...

Very beautiful desgin.I like it.