-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

when all else fails...


So when all else fails my answer is to ask/plead/beg with my mom. I was so frustrated with trying to sew on the eyelet trim to this little pillow, that I finally stuffed it all in a ziploc bag and said "FORGET IT!". I then turned my ziploc bag of failure over to my mother. Bless her, she didn't laugh when she had to rip out multiple rows of tangled thread. Nor did she question why I was using red bobbin thread with white top thread (sheer laziness). My mom is of the generation where sewing was a necessity and not just a hobby to learn. Sewing to her is a skill for mending/making things, not just for creativity. So this, what was a mountain of impossible for me, was simple as pie for her. Thanks MOM!

And this is my spring shelf. I mentioned it a few posts back, how I wanted to fill the towel bar with ornaments. And I have, just in time for spring, with a little help from mom of course.

This is the only one of my spring ornaments finished by my own hand. Prairie Schooler, I think the name of the chart is "Bunnies & Chicks". I outlined the border of it with little white seed beads. This has been hiding in my "done but not done" box since 2 springs ago, so I am glad to have it out and displayed for this year.

Lizzie Kate "Happy Spring". I love her smaller patterns for ornaments. I have Spring Crazy and the Fall Crazy charts. Below is also a Lizzie Kate.


And this is Bent Creek "Are you my Mother?". The circle mat around it was custom made by me with some scrap booking papers and a very sharp craft knife. I laugh at the frame. After my last post bragging about how I find such cute frames at Goodwill I bought this one for $1.50 at Goodwill thinking how hard it is to find square frames. So I get it home and turn it over to pop the back off of it, only to find an orange clearance sticker on the back saying it was sold for .99 cents at IKEA. I'm counting the .50 cent mark up as the gas I saved from not driving to IKEA.

13 comments:

gracie said...

I love the Spring Shelf display idea. The ornaments look so cheerful displayed there.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea your spring shelve dispay is! Everything is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Thank you for following my blog. I've signed up to follow you too.

I love your Spring shelf it's a great idea. Yours looks so pretty with all your lovely stitching on it.

Well done your Mum for helping with your finishing.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Linda said...

The ornaments look great on the shelf. Congrats!

Linda

Shelleen said...

All your Spring finishes are cute.

Anne said...

How sweet of your Mom to help you out! I need help from mine too, especially in the sewing department!! Your spring rack is delightful and cheery!!

Barb said...

All of your Spring/Easter ornaments are adorable. How nice to have such a helpful Mother! Oh wait, I'm that mother for my dear daughter -in -law!

Lesleyanne said...

I love your spring shelf. I hear you about finishing - I hate it and a few things to finish so I can have a spring basket, wish me luck.

Shirlee said...

God bless a mother who will finish our cross stitch projects into pinkeeps or pillows or whatever else our poor hands can't do : ) Your spring shelf/stitchings are lovely!

Valentina said...

Your spring ornaments are all so nice!

Mouse said...

ohhh good for mum saving the day :) love your spring shelf and hahah re the frame thats something I would do too ..lol love mouse xxxxx

My Life In Stitches said...

Your stitching makes me yearn to do some spring designs myself. And I love the towel rack. It's clear to see you got your talent from your mom. Darlene

passionfruitprincess said...

Very cute Spring ornaments!
I love the shelf display too...I have a shelf from Salvation Army that needs a makeover...one day :)
Have a great day!