-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Monday, October 9, 2017

I have sooooo much to show you!

While I haven't been a busy blogger, I have been a very busy stitcher! So I have lots to share. Our Fall season has been super-busy but super fun! We have been doing lots of weekend trips out of town to enjoy the cooler weather and fall colors up north. But lets get to the stitching first. Above is "Spirits & Spells" a With Thy Needle and Thread pattern. I hand-dyed this linen, and I used little gold beads for the buttons on her collar, and did french knots for the owl's eyes. This is such a cute design. I did change the color of the leaves to CC "Pea Pod" it had a lot more variegation than I expected, but I love the pea-soup color. 
 And I have continued stitching on the word-play series by Country Stitches. I have now finished July/August, and half of September. Here is October mostly finished. I don't like the blank spot to the right of the witch and am thinking of stitching another crow to fill it in. I do love the tiny little witch though. Calvin (my toddler) has taken to calling witches "shadows" this year. I don't know where he got that from, but I kind of like it.

Another tiny finish. A Lizzie Kate pattern out of a JCS Halloween issue. I changed the colors of the lettering, and like how I did alternating colors in the top letters.

And here is some of my Halloween decor at home. The bat is a LK pattern "Velcome", an oldie but a goodie. The bat himself is literally made out of felt and pipe cleaners (my crafting skills have gotten better I swear!) but I still love him. The basket on the table is new this year, a little spiderweb bowl from Kohls for holding all my little ornaments. 

 And this is our fall/Halloween table. I found the candle tray at Hobby Lobby. I was going to fill the bottom with little skulls or eyeballs but kind of like the little rat peaking out from under the leaves.
 And my kitchen seasonal wall. In the middle is my Mirabilia "Trick or Treat Fairy", on the right is a Barbara Ana "Halloween Stack", and then lots of little stitched ornaments. I'll have to do a close up tour during the day when I can get some better pictures.
 Here is my bedroom dresser with all of my Jim Shore witches up safe and out of reach. The little goat on the right hand side is new this year, and he is so cute and primitive. His little beard is real wool. I have to laugh though about my toddler, he begged to hold the goat and I told him no knowing he would rip the wool right off his chin. So as I am leaving the bedroom I hear sweet little toddler turn to dad and ask him to get his stuffed animal (the goat) down off the dresser- hoping dad would assume it was just another toy and give it to him. Can't beat kids and their sneakiness sometimes.

And i'll finish with some cute photos of said toddler. This was a weekend trip up towards Flagstaff. We went to the Grand Canyon Deer Farm. They let the deer roam free, and they will eat right out of your hand. Below is him trying on Halloween costumes in Target, if you can't tell he is doing a chicken dance while wearing a flamingo hat!


9 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful Fall/Halloween all around your home. So festive. So glad we are beginning to have cooler weather here in the valley. Nice to see your post.

KimM said...

Beautiful stitching!! You HAVE been a busy bee. Oh! And that flamingo hat is a hoot.
xxx

butterfly said...


Love all your Halloween stitching , and decorations are wonderful.

Robin said...

Oh my! You really like Halloween. Your decorations are awesome as is your stititching. I like the different changes you made. And who knew Jim Shore made witches?

Unknown said...

I love all your stitching and your home decor looks amazing.

diamondc said...

Your Halloween displays are wonderful, your stitching is beautiful, I love Halloween designs, I do not stitch them very often but love the designs.
That little guy is way to cute.
The chicken dance makes me smile.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Hallowe'en decor is awesome, so many cute designs. I love both the With Thy Needle pieces. The first one looks so much better stitched up!
Your son is really cute too, I love them at that age! Full of fun.

sanpiseth40 said...

Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited. Thank you…
ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

Astrids dragon said...

Oh, I love all your Halloween stitching, and your decorations are fabulous!
Your little one is adorable, especially as a flamingo.