-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Transition


I apparently am in no mood for fall this year. I managed to get my Prairie Schooler Autumn peice about 75% done before I got distracted by Christmas. So it was on to this lovely little ornament, "Stained Glass Holly" by Ink circle designs. Apparently the large Santa peice i've been working on all year is not enough Christmas for me. Progress on Mirabilia Santa is slow now, because it is a lot of confetti stitching and filling in. Blech!

This was a pretty biscornu I received from Kim through the HOE blog. She angel stitched it for me, and I love it. Blue is my favorite color so it was just a perfect choice. 
Here is me with our current foster dog Miss "Lil bits". She goes back tomorrow to the shelter to find her forever family. I know she will be adopted quickly as she is just a pup, and so tiny and so cute. She likes to snuggle on the couch behind my neck while I stitch/watch tv. It is so hard every time to give them back though, I always feel a little sad. We have fostered 10 dogs so far through a local rescue and through the Humane society, and every single one of them we loved. The only thing that makes it better is knowing there is another dog out there we can help. 

I feel like a lot of my life is in transition this month. We are in the process of buying a new house, which will be great for our family, but I love the house we are moving from. It is just too small for our family (1 bathroom for 5 people just doesn't cut it!). I have owned this house for ten years now and feel like our family has grown up in it. Now all of our stuff is in boxes and we have been painting/cleaning/prepping the house to move out of it. I feel a little unsettled by all of it though, excited but unsettled.


6 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching .
Like you I am not ready for Autumn.
That little dog is so sweet oh how I would love him , but having dogs for years my DH said no more , but I say you can never say never.

gracie said...

You are an angel for taking care of those sweet pooches. Moving is so draining. Take care of yourself!

Barb said...

Nice stitching. It is always hard for me to move. Houses hold so many memories! Good luck with the move and you are right, the space will be great!

Annette-California said...

Lovely stitching. Beautiful biscornu from Kim. Hope all goes well with your moving. Good luck!
love Annette

Brigitte said...

Very lovely stitching on your projects. And I'm looking forward to seeing Mirabilia's Santa again. BUt maybe you won't have a lot of stitching time now that a move is on the plan. Good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little pup. You are so nice for taking care of animals. I have thought about it but it would be later in life when I have more time to devote to them