-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Catching up on Exchanges

So I have signed up for a bunch of exchanges this year. I like doing smalls in addition to my standard rotation of bigger projects. The first one is for a summer exchange from Seasonal Exchange
This is the little ornament I received from Lisa. I have a small mermaid collection going already so this fits in perfectly. The back is a sparkly sand colored fabric that matches the stitching perfectly. Below is what I stitched for Laura, yes my mother did have to help me sew this trim on. Doing these exchanges has really help me expand my finishing skills. Seeing everyone else's beautiful finishes always makes me want to improve my own skills.
And this is from the Hooked on Exchanging group. This is what I sent, a Prairie Schooler Owl for the Autumn exchange.
And this is what I recieved from Edgar of Blacksheep's bit of the web It is also a Prairie Schooler piece, from the Autumn Samplers chart. I love it! I hadn't seen this design before, I had seen the chart but never paid attention to this design (I have a short attention span), but I love it. The pumpkins, and the moons, and the hand-dyed linen are all my favorites.

8 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful exchanges. I too like to have small exchanges. Makes it all more doable.

Sara said...

What a lovely exchanges indeed :D both the ones you sent and the ones you received :)

Ranae said...

Fabulous exchange pieces

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

You chose some very cute stitches for your exchange - I love the mermaid one - simple but unique

Barb said...

The finishes are all great. Both the ones you did and the ones you received.

Lesleyanne said...

Both exchanges are gorgeous both sent and received.

Unknown said...

Love both exchanges - Clear Moon Frost Soon - that is on my wish list. A+ on the finishing. Job well done

Catherine said...

Sweet pieces, given and received!