Yay! Second challenge piece finished and it's only almost May (yes that was a little sarcasm there). Still happy to have it done, and now just need to find a suitable frame for it. This one is Bent Creek "Home". I buckled down and got it done last week. I love the lettering, but used a different color than the chart called for. I used WDW "Moss" which is a little darker but more variegated then the color on the the chart. I also changed the house colors to match my own house.
And what better reason to start a new piece than finishing one. Forget the fact I still have 13 more challenge pieces to finish. I see alot more WIP being added to my stash this year. Anyway, this one is a Barbara Ana design. I dyed this fabric hoping for a spring green and it turned out a BRIGHT chartreuse (funny just like the name on the dye-box) so I had this in my stash waiting for a Halloween piece to stitch on it.
I just got done stitching another Barbara Ana design for a Seasonal Exchange and stupid me forgot to take a picture of it before mailing it. I stitched Spring Biscornu (first time assembling a biscornu) and mailed it off to Lynn. You can see the picture of it on her blog.