-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter! yes yes i know i'm late

This is my Easter finish for this year. "Uber-Egg" by Bent Creek. I really like most of their uber series, and think I may do their Thanksgiving Uber-Turkey as my fall seasonal project. Somewhere in my counting I messed up on the lower left hand side of the egg, so I have a lop-sided easter egg. It's ok, it's one of those mistakes people notice only if I point it out.
This is my Easter finish from last year, finally framed . I think another Bent Creek piece, but I changed alot of the colors on it. The colors they used looked grey-ish and for spring I really like the purples instead. I hand painted the frame. It was actually a really nice wood frame originally from Target that I found at Goodwill for 99 cents. I was tempted not to paint it it was so nice, but for 99 cents how could I resist a little creativity and the opportunity to pull out my paint brushes!
And this is my BABY, turning eight this year. Her birthday fell on Easter this year so we had a friends party on Friday instead. We made friendship bracelets, and she got a bunch of legos which are her new favorite thing. I kind of like that she likes legos, since they are not so much a "girl" toy. It's also fun watching her read and follow all the directions in putting together all the little cars and houses.
I hope everyone's Easter was wonderful, and filled with all things Spring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My twin girls turned two on Easter this year, too! They received some MegaBlocks for their birthday and they are architects in the making. Must be something about girls born on April 24th.